R.E.V.E.A.L. is a supportive facilitated intervention that begins with general support in areas such as personal budgeting, communication skills and evolves towards personal problem solving, personal change and personal enterprise.
In 2009 / 2010 over 80 participants have took part in personal enterprise and community enterprise activities. In working with them it became apparent that the agenda could be evolved further to assist participants to address some of the root causes of their offending. The result, with significant further development is R.E.V.E.A.L.
R.E.V.E.A.L. is based on the following principles …
- The causes of offending behaviours are not exclusively about bad choices but the interplay of chances, choices and contexts
- Everyone who cares to consider it has the capacity to change
- Those who seek to change may require significant assistance to do so – R.E.V.E.A.L. seeks to offer that assistance
- Mutual respect & mutual tolerance
R.E.V.E.A.L. is not:
- A therapy – we are not treating anyone
- A cure – we are not curing anyone
- A hiding place – it is a place to participate fully and supportively
R.E.V.E.A.L. and Facilitation
R.E.V.E.A.L. uses a form of “light touch” facilitation developed by The Strategy Cafe. Those interested in the process may be interested in the reader “Big Ideas” which can be made available to partners, coaching and mentoring clients from our intranet.